- 190mm working aperture, 1000mm focal length, f/5.3 focal ratio
- Virtually perfect Maksutov-Newtonian optical design: no coma corrector or field flattener needed
- Primary and secondary mirrors feature proprietary Radiant™ Aluminum Quartz™ (RAQ™) coatings delivering 94% reflectivity
- Corrector plate treated with proprietary Metallic High-Transmission Coatings™ (MHTC™) virtually eliminating chromatic aberrations
- Corrected for APS-C imaging sensors
- Aluminum tube coated with glossy, black diamond metal-flake finish
- 2-inch dual-speed Crayford-style focuser with 1.25-inch adapter
- V-style dovetail with mounting rings
- Knife-edge baffles help reduce glare with matched optics for the best image possible
- Cooling vents on the front and rear of the tube for faster setup time than closed optical designs
- Included accessories: 8x50 right-angle finderscope and a 2-inch T-ring adapter
The exciting Starlux Maksutov-Newtonian from Sky-Watcher is just what astrophotographers and serious visual observers have been looking for.
The Mak-Newtonian design provides large aperture apochromatic performance with exceptional field correction. Compared to a similarly sized Schmidt-Newtonian, the Mak-Newtonian yields a sharper image with more contrast. Naturally, the Mak-Newtonian is an excellent visual performer, too.
The Maksutov- Newtonian design is a virtually perfect optical design. This design addresses all major optical issues that astronomers and astrophotographers face without the need of corrective optics. The Mak corrector gives you a perfectly flat field without using field flatteners. The spherical primary mirror is corrected on the meniscus which eliminates coma, delivering pinpoint stars across the entire field of view. No color distortion means you don't have to spend extra money on exotic glass like you would for a similar sized APO refractor.
With the Starlux 190 Mak-Newt you get a fast, APO refractor performance with less weight and significantly less cost.
|Mirror Coatings||94% Aluminum|
|Lens Coatings||Fully Multi-Coated|
|Primary Aperture (mm)||203|
|Focal Length (mm)||1000|
|Secondary Obstruction (by diameter)||34%|
|Secondary Obstruction by Area||11%|
|Light Gathering (compared to next size down)||11%|
|Focuser||2" Dual Speed Crayford|
|OTA Length (Retract/Ext.)||37.5"|
|OTA Outer Diameter||9.5"|
|OTA Weight (with accessories)||29|
|Included Finder||8x50 RACI|
|Shipping Weights & Dimensions|