- Install this motor drive on your AstroMaster or PowerSeeker equatorially mounted telescope and start tracking the stars!
- Right Ascension tracking compensates for the Earth's rotation
- Can be used in the Northern or Southern Hemisphere
- For Celestron CG-2 and CG-3 equatorial mounts
Add right ascension (RA) tracking capabilities to any Celestron AstroMaster or PowerSeeker equatorial telescope, or any set-up that uses a Celestron CG-2 or CG-3 equatorial mount. This easy-to-install RA motor drive compensates for the Earth's rotation, so the telescope tracks a star's movement through the night sky from east to west. When the telescope mount is properly polar aligned and the RA drive is attached and running, the user need only make occasional adjustments in declination (Dec) to keep an object in the eyepiece for long periods of time.
The Celestron single-axis motor drive runs on a 9V battery, so there are no cords to get in the way. The drive can be used in either the Northern or Southern Hemisphere. To change hemispheres (reverse the motor's direction), simply flip the North/South (N/S) switch on the face of the motor drive. It is also simple to change the speed of the motor. A Speed Rate Regulator knob is located just under the power indicator, and can be turned in either direction to slow down or speed up the motor. Since solar system objects like the Sun and, Moon move through the sky at different rates than deep-sky objects do, this gives you the ability to match the motor's speed to the particular type of object you are observing.
This motor drive is usable in the following scopes:
- PowerSeeker 60EQ Telescope
- PowerSeeker 70EQ Telescope
- PowerSeeker 80EQ Telescope
- PowerSeeker 114EQ Telescope
- PowerSeeker 127EQ Telescope
- AstroMaster 70EQ Telescope
- AstroMaster 76EQ Telescope
- AstroMaster 90EQ Telescope
- AstroMaster 114EQ Telescope
- AstroMaster 130EQ-MD (Motor Drive) Telescope
- AstroMaster 130EQ Telescope
|Motor Drive Manual|
SpecificationsGear Ratio: 228:1
Slew Speed: 9.5 RPH