- Baader 2" ClickLock T-2 (M42i x 0.75) clamp – for all parts of the Astro T-2 System (with M42x0,75 male thread).
- Inner depth: 36,5 mm, T-2 thread length: 6,5mm
- includes removable S52/M48 (#2958552) and M48/ T-2 (#2958553) reducer rings
- A small rotation by 20° with gentle fingertip pressure to the knurled lever is enough to securely clamp every 2" accessory.
- Ratchet function – features acoustic and haptic display of the clamp-position. This way you can hear and feel in darkness without looking if the clamp is opened or closed.
- Compression tension-ring of thick-walled hard bronze, keeps its shape even after many years of use and holds expensive accessories securely - without causing scratches or pressure points on your accessories.
The Baader ClickLock®-System (1¼" / 2") in an overview
Never before has an eyepiece clamp for amateur astronomy been so elaborately crafted.
The Baader ClickLock (1¼" / 2") is a precisely fitting, very massive eyepiece clamp without clamping screws (!). Inserted eyepieces, CCD cameras and similar accessories are securely held in place, locked against rotation and won't be scratched in any way! With a small turn of 20°, each eyepiece is firmly clamped. You will never have to handle small locking screws again – instead, just rotate the top of the eyepiece clamp for a few degrees, and the eyepiece will be firmly fixed. This is also no problem with gloves on!
Our various ClickLock clamps are made of seven precision-machined components which provide a highly effective retention mechanism that securely holds any 1¼" or 2" eyepiece. The clamp is very expensive to assemble, the price therefore initially may appear high for "nothing more than" a clamping device. But if you think about the comfort, precision and stability, it's well worth the money.
You do not have to tighten the ClickLock clamps with brutal force, because the mechanical principle comes from professional mechanical engineering. This is how the tool holder in modern CNC milling centers works. Clever use of leverage multiplies the torque. The inserted object is held on three sides similar to a quick-action chuck and can therefore no longer carry out any tilting movements.
Detailed information about the 2" ClickLock system
We have tested the effectivity and stability of the ClickLock mechanism for many years with the 1¼" ClickLock clamp.
The 2" ClickLock system is designed to be much more mechanically solid.
- Even a 20° turn with light pressure of the rotary lever is enough to hold all 2" accessories absolutely securely and firmly.
- Ratchet function – indicates the position of the clamp acoustically and haptically. So you can know if the clamp is open or closed in the dark and without looking.
- Massive tension ring – keeps even the most expensive accessories absolutely safe, without causing scratches and bruises
- The position of the rotary lever is adjustable for left-hand / right-hand use either by six camera slotted screws or by six Allen screws with a hexagonal wrench (depending on the model)
- The heaviest tested load to date is a complete C14 with an SCL-clamp and a 2" Click Lock star diagonal with a Scopos 30mm extreme eyepiece. The C14 has been lifted on the eyepiece. We emphasize that this test setup is not is recommended for imitation.
- The extensive range of ClickLock clamps makes it possible to retrofit the Baader 2" ClickLock clamp on many telescopes
With the 2" Clicklock clamp, you can also convert e.g. your 2" Maxbright mirror (or the 2" universal prism) to the Clicklock system, simply unscrew the old 2" clamp and screw on the new 2" Clicklock clamp.
Application images on 2" ClickLock clamp
|Net weight (kg)||0.15|
|Optical length (mm)||36,6|
|Usage||schnelle Klemmung von jedem 2" Zubehör|
|Inner Diameter / Clear Aperture (mm)||42|
|Inner Connection (lens sided)||Thread, T-2 (M42 x 0,75)|
|Inner Connection (eyepiece/-camera-sided)||Clamp, 2" (50,8mm)|
|Type of Adapter||ClickLock, Eyepiece Clamp|