- Baader U-Filter (Venus and UV) 350nm.
- Transmission peak approx. 80% at 350nm, bandwidth 60nm (320-380nm), completely blocking the entire spectral range from 200nm to 1120nm.
- Dielectric multi-coating on optically polished Schott Glass.
- Enables imaging in the deep UV spectral region. A "breakthrough" for imaging the planet Venus! Allows amateur astronomers to capture cloud structures of the Venusian atmosphere.
- Successful astro-application of this filter requires a suitable UV-sensitive lucky imaging camera module (i.e. SKYRIS 274M) with at least a telescope of 5" diameter (a telescope with an 8" diameter is recommended).
- Non-astronomical applications possible: e.g. check for paint damage on cars or state of health of plants and much more. Read more in the detailed description or with a translate tool on this (german) test review: Baader-U" in the "terrestric" Photography