- Flat-field free of optical aberrations like field curvature, coma, astigmatism and chromatic aberration across an entire APS-C sensor.
- Unlike the larger RASAs that work with DSLR and large CCD cameras, the 8" model was designed with color astronomical CMOS cameras, smaller CCD cameras, and mirrorless cameras in mind. The telescope does not work with standard DSLR cameras.
- Ultra-Stable Focus System – precision linear ball bearing virtually eliminates image shift.
- Internal filter mount – seamlessly accommodates a Light Pollution Imaging Filter into the optical path.
- Performs over a wider spectral range than most telescopes, from 390-800 nm, so more of the light passing through the astrograph is in sharp focus.
- The CGX, with its 55 lb load capacity, is Celestron's most innovative, state-of-the art, computerized equatorial mount to date, and provides a very sturdy and rigid platform for the fully-loaded RASA 8.
- The drive system utilizes low cog DC Servo motors with integrated optical encoders, belt and pulley motor connection, spring-loaded steel worm gears supported by precision sealed bearings, and brass worm wheels for smooth, accurate slewing and tracking performance with little backlash.
- Fully remote imaging capable, with optical limit switches, home sensors, through-mount cabling, and hard stops.
- Included Celestron PWI software allows direct computer control via USB 2.0 connection.
- Proven NexStar+ computerized telescope control technology supports functions to address imagers' needs, such as All-Star Polar Alignment, Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PPEC), and adjustable tracking through meridian.