- A complete digiscoping solution: Smartphone adapter connects your smartphone to an eyepiece while the Bluetooth shutter release button helps you get a steady shot every time.
- Works with telescopes (with most 1.25 eyepieces), spotting scopes, binoculars, monoculars, and microscopes.
- Connect the remote shutter release to your phone via Bluetooth to take photos or start/stop video recording without unwanted vibration.
- Both devices work with virtually all smartphone models, including the latest devices from Apple, Samsung, and Google.
- Simple to use smartphone adapter! Place your phone in the adapter, center your phone's camera over the eyepiece, and use the knobs to secure the adapter in place.
- Durable, metal bodied adapter stands up to rigorous use in the field and harsh weather conditions.
The Smartphone Adapter DX Kit is a great first step into the world of astroimaging or digiscoping. You get everything you need to capture sharp, detailed images and video: the smartphone adapter and a Bluetooth shutter release remote. Snap an Instagram-worthy image of the Moon, share your latest wildlife sightings with a binocular or spotting scope, or preserve lab specimens from your microscope-this versatile adapter handles it all with ease.
The Smartphone Adapter fits any eyepiece from 29mm to 45mm in diameter, including telescopes equipped with 1.25 eyepieces, spotting scopes, monoculars, and binoculars.
The Smartphone Adapter DX Kit accommodates a wide range of smartphones. The phone platform adjusts and can fit any device-usually with the case still on. The secure platform stands up to the weight thanks to the adapter's strong threaded knobs to secure the adapter in place.
No matter which optic you choose, installing and using the adapter is hassle-free. First, place your phone in the adapter. It's held securely in position with the help of a tightening knob that locks your phone in place. Next, align the phone's camera with the center of the eyepiece. Once you've determined the perfect position, tighten the adjustment knob for a secure fit.
Note: Some large and/or bulky phone cases (including folio style cases) may need to be removed for the phone to fit in the adapter.
Once the phone is mounted over the eyepiece, you can capture still images or video, plus access all the rest of your phone's features. You can even text your photos to a friend or post them on social media while your phone is still mounted in the adapter.
To determine if your optic is compatible with the Smartphone Adapter, simply measure the outside diameter of your eyepiece. If it falls within the 29mm to 45mm range, you may use it with this adapter. The adapter does not work with riflescopes.
Bluetooth Shutter Release Remote
To capture the best image, Celestron has also provided a Bluetooth shutter release remote that allows you to trigger the camera's shutter on any Android or iOS smartphone. The remote reduces the blurriness in your images caused by the phone or telescope being disturbed. Instructions on how to pair your Bluetooth remote to your phone can be found in our quick setup guide.
|Smartphone Adapter Deluxe Kit Manual|
|Compatible Optics:||Telescopes, Binoculars, Spotting Scopes, Monoculars and Microscopes|
|Eyepiece Clamp Style:||Thumb screw Hex shape|
|Eyepiece Clamp Range:||29mm - 45mm (1.14" - 1.77")|
|Phone Clamp Style:||Thumb screw adjusting|
|Phone Clamp Range:||TBD|
|Fine Adjustment Style:||Manually (no slow motion controls)|
|Accessories:||Bluetooth shutter release remote, CR-2032 battery|
|Dimensions (Closed):||177.8mm x 101.6mm x 38.1mm (7" x 4" x 1.5")|
|Weight:||6 oz (170.1 g)|