- Coma corrector for Newton telescopes, that neither reduces the focal length nor the image field of your telescope
- Large lenses for completely vignetting-free exposures up to f / 3.5. Maximum sharpness over the entire image field
- Phantom Coating™ Group multicoated for maximum transmission and total freedom from reflections
- for all Newtonians, with removable 2" collar
- with removable T-2 thread and M48 outer thread
Baader MPCC Mark III - Multi Purpose Newton Coma Corrector
Coma corrector for Newton telescopes that neither reduces the focal length nor the image field of your telescope
The Multi Purpose Coma Corrector Mark III eliminates coma across the full photographic field without manipulating the focal length. The proprietory lens design has our Phantom Group™ wideband multicoating on all air to glass surfaces. This treatment delivers highest transmission combined with lowest amount of scatter and reflections across a very wide spectral range from UV to NIR. The original MPCC had been designed for an f/ratio of f4.5 to f6. The new Mark III however works exceptionally well even down to f3.5. Stars remain pinpoints across the field and the visual use likewise is made much easier - with the help of the 2" (M48) male filter thread at the eyepiece facing side.
The base-element 2858400A is prepared for use with a DSLR and a standard T-ring, it can be used over the T-2 thread on all standard T-rings. Since the T-thread vignettes with cameras with larger sensors (such as full-format DSLRs), the T-2 thread can be removed. Then an M48 thread is free, and the free aperture increases from 38 to 44 mm. The M48 spacer ring for MPCC III / Protective EOS T-ring can be connected directly to the Protective CANON DSLR T-ring.
This means that you do not only have sharp stars in the entire picture but also illuminate large sensors!
Visual and photographic application
In addition, the MPCC can be used both visually and photographically. The V-1 set # 2454803 contains the necessary adapters for most eyepieces or cameras with a 1.25 "socket - a detailed description can be found in the manual, which can be can be downloaded as a PDF under the tab "Downloads". The basic element of the MPCC can be upgraded at any time for visual use, all necessary parts are also available separately.
Technical data of MPCC Mark III
- No change in focal length or field size, an f4 Newtonian remains f4.
- Calculated lens system - designed for an unvignetted field down to f3.5
- Maximum sharpness across the field - without center soft spot (as reported of other)
- Accepts T-2(M42x0.75) and/or 2"(M48x0.75) threaded photographic- or visual-adapters
- 2" stopping collar removable for increase in backfocus
- For photographic and visual use
- Easy to use
- Exceptional price/performance ratio
- Phantom Coating™ Group multicoated for maximum transmission and freedom from reflections from UV to NIR
- Optional adapter for direct coupling of the MPCC III directly onto the Baader CANON EOS protective T-ring
- 44mm clear aperture when using the M48(2") filter-tread or the Protective T-ring with optional adapter
Instruction Manual: http://www.baader-planetarium.com/en/downloads/dl/file/id/483/product/3004/mpcc_mark_iii_instruction_manual.pdf
|Inner Connection (lens sided)||Thread, M48|
|Outer Connection (lens sided)||Barrel, 2" (50,8mm)|
|Outer Connection (eyepiece/-camera-sided)||Thread, T-2 (M42 x 0,75), M48|
|AR-Coating||Phantom Coating® Group|
|Working Range||f/3.5 – f/6|
|Inner Diameter / Clear Aperture (mm)||44|
|Usage||eliminiert praktisch die gesamte Koma an Newton Teleskopen ohne die Brennweite zu verändern|
|Barrel Size (in)||2"|
|Optical Design||Coma Corrector|