- Lightweight design
- Minimal 16.5 mm thickness added to the imaging train
- Large prism surface: 8 * 8 mm
- No guide scope required!
- Flexible connections to your camera and telescope (M42 and M48)
- Fully compatible with all ZWO ASI cameras
- Good guide camera stability
- Strong connections
1. OAG body (with 1.25″ holder and 5 mm extender and M42 adapter)
2. M48 adapter for main imaging camera
3. M48-M42 adapter for telescope and flat lens
4. Hexagon wrench
Set Up and Usage
1. Please calculate the correct required distance needed for your imaging train in order to take into account the 16.5 mm the OAG will take up, if back focus distance is critical
2. Remove the guider prism section from the OAG body and attach OAG body to the telescope
3. Insert the prism section into the OAG body
4. Mount the guide camera onto the OAG
5. Screw the T2 or M48 adapter on the imaging camera according to your equipment configuration
6. Mount the camera on the OAG, adjust the camera orientation to your liking and tighten the 3 screws
7. How the final setup looks
Note: Please adjust the prism depth such that it won't block the light falling on the main imaging sensor
Use the guide camera retaining screw to move the guide camera in order to adjust the guiding camera's focus.
It's better to adjust the setup in the daytime to make sure imaging camera and guiding camera can reach focus at the same position.