- Awards & Press
- Support & Downloads
Celestron's CGX-L Computerized Equatorial mount is the latest addition to our fully computerized equatorial mount series. Capable of carrying Celestron’s largest optical tubes with ease, CGX-L is designed for backyard observatories and remote imagers looking for exceptional load capacity to weight ratio, compact design, and innovative features that fully support large telescopes, imaging kits, and the latest in wireless tech accessories.
Key design goals included larger 144mm diameter worm wheels which provide smoother operation and can more accurately drive heavier loads, longer 270mm dovetail saddle to support larger optical tubes, remote operation friendly features such as home and limit optical sensors, easier polar alignment adjustments, and better cable management overall. In addition to that, we’ve made mechanical and ergonomic improvements throughout to make the mount sturdier, easier to use, and easier to transport. COMPACT. ERGONOMIC. INNOVATIVE.
Computerized Mount Features:
- Increased 75 lb load capacity. Exceptional load capacity to weight ratio
- Additional Aux accessory ports and autoguider port on the Dec axis for better cable management
- Larger 144mm diameter worm wheels to better and more accurately drive heavier loads
- Longer 270mm dovetail saddle to better support larger optical tubes
- Massive 70mm stainless steel tripod legs with a wider stance for improved stability under heavy loads
- Accessory tray holds three 1.25” and two 2” eyepieces with an upright stand for your smartphone or tablet
- Heavy duty, 31.5mm stainless steel counterweight shaft to support additional counterweights
- Optional add-on polar axis finderscope custom designed for CGX and CGX-L
- Supports WiFi and wireless operation accessories such as StarSense AutoAlign and SkyPortal WiFi Module (sold separately)
- Compact, lower profile equatorial head provides improved stability and portability. Sturdier and more rigid with quicker dampening time
- Motors provide more torque, better slewing and tracking under heavy loads
- Heavy duty belt-drive system minimizes backlash while providing smooth motor operation at full capacity
- Clear windows built into motor covers so pulleys and belts can be monitored
- Spring-loaded brass worm wheel and stainless steel worm gear reduce friction and provide optimum gear mesh
- Internal cabling for worry-free remote operation. Power input and lower accessory ports remain stationary while the mount slews to avoid snags
- Internal hard stops for both axes prevent cable tension and tripod strike
- Internal optical sensors on both axes for simple and safe remote operation
- -Home sensors allow the mount to always start in the index position regardless of orientation before a power reset
- -Limit sensors automatically shut off slewing or tracking before reaching the hard stop fail safe
- Includes Celestron's PWI telescope control software, co-developed by PlaneWave Instruments. Software features multi-point mount modeling for extremely precise pointing accuracy
- Software Polar Align: “All-Star Polar Alignment” allows quick and very precise polar alignment. Align on any bright named star without extra polar alignment accessories, apps, or other assistance
- Adjustable EQ head position to optimize center of gravity over the tripod and fully utilize the increased 3°-65° latitude range
- Dual-fit Vixen/CG-5 and Losmandy/CGE dovetail saddle
- +20° of additional tracking past the meridian on either side
- Tripod has a widened stance for added stability. The minimum tripod height has also been lowered per user feedback
- Tripod legs can be collapsed with accessory tray installed for faster setup and transport
- Integrated handles for easy transport and portability
- Ergonomically designed dovetail clamping knobs
- Innovative and improved polar alignment adjustment system
- Ergonomic adjustment knobs with reduced friction for smooth and easy positioning under full loads. Stationary latitude knob with a linkage system greatly reduces the amount of friction when polar aligning the mount. Redesigned azimuth adjustment with low-friction Teflon bearings to make adjustments easy under full load. No more binding, rough adjustments!
- Easy to read latitude scale
- NexStar+ hand control with USB port
- USB 2.0 port used to connect directly to PC with PWI Software
- 2 available autoguider ports for optimum cable management
- PEC sensor and PPEC ready
- Threaded 12VDC power input barrel connector
- Internal Real Time Clock (keeps time and site information saved)
- On/Off rocker switch with red LED
Sky at Night Magazine Award 2017!
"An 11-inch telescope and mount package that delivers a rich experience."Read Full Review
What is the heaviest recommend load for mounting a camera in the Fastar / HyperStar configuraton?
We recommend a load of no more than 25 lbs. at 4.2 inches away from the 9.25" Schmidt corrector.
Support & Downloads